Can’t Decide Which Folder? Save 1 File in Multiple Folders AND Still View Edits in ALL Locations!
Have you ever needed to save a file but you weren’t sure which folder in which to save it? Most people think that you have to decide on one folder, but actually, you can save the same file in several folders! The best part is that when you edit the file (in any of its locations), it will be updated in all of the locations (because it’s still one file, it’s only accessible in multiple locations).
In your Google Drive, upload or create and save a file (it can be any type of file currently located anywhere in Google Drive).
1. Click once on the file to select it (don’t click twice to open it).
2. Use the shortcut key combo Shift + Z (hold down the shift key and then press the Z key).
3. Click on the arrow to the right of “My Drive”
4. Navigate to and select the folder you’d like to save the file in, and then click “Add”.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 to save in multiple folders
You will now see the file in any of the folders you saved it in. And anything you do the file from any location (including deleting it), will be updated when viewed from any of the folders.
Remember, you are NOT creating multiple copies of the file. You are just creating multiple access points to the same file. So cool!!